LAST UPDATED: November 1, 2021
1. Personal Information We Collect
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with our Site, and may include:
- Device Information: When you visit our Site, we may learn information about your browser version and settings, your device type and settings, and other information, such as your IP address, mobile device identifier, and referring and exit pages.
- Website Usage Data: We may collect information about your interactions with our Site, including the pages you visit, links or buttons you click, and other similar interactions with the Site.
- Transactional Data: When you make a purchase in MBC’s Online Store, we (with the help of our third-party service providers) collect certain information in connection with such purchase, including your contact information (e.g., name, address, email address, phone number, etc.), transactional information (e.g., the items and quantities you purchase), your payment card information and/or payment details, and any other information that you submit.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means, as set forth below:
- Automatically from Your Device or Browser: As is true of most websites, whenever you visit our Site, we or third parties who provide services to us may automatically collect technical information from your device or browser, which may include device information, website usage data, and geolocation data.
- Directly from You: Our Online Store contains certain web forms through which you are able to submit your information directly to us, and, should you choose to do so, will collect the information that you provide through such web forms.
- From or by Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, including data analytics providers, payment processors, and other service providers that assist us with the operation and functionality of our Site and our business more generally. Some of our third-party service providers may collect and process information collected automatically via third-party cookies or information provided directly by you via web forms, and may then share that information with us. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties we partner with to assist us with the operation of our business, including those that assist with online table reservations and curbside pick-up orders; such third parties will collect and process your information independent of MBC and in accordance with their own privacy notices, but will share certain information with us in order to process your requests.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the information referenced in section 1, “Personal Information We Collect”, above:
- To allow you to use and access our Site, including to fulfill your online orders of beer, food, and merchandise, and to process your online table reservations.
- To monitor and evaluate the performance and functionality of our Site, including as part of our analytic practices, or otherwise to maintain or improve the content, security, and services offered through our Site.
- To investigate any suspected misuse of our Site and to prevent fraudulent activity; to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and respond to requests from courts or other governmental bodies; and to protect or defend the rights, property, personal safety, and interests of MBC, our staff, the public, or the interests of our third party service providers.
4. How We Share Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we may share information with:
- Service Providers: As we noted in Section 2 above, we partner with third parties who provide services to us, including data analytics providers, payment processors, and service providers that assist us with the operation and functionality of our Site (and the administration of our business more generally). We may share the information we’ve collected via our Site with these third parties so that they may provide us with their services. For example, we may share information with data analytics providers to analyze the activities taking place on our Site (among other analyses of MBC’s operations).
- Other Third Parties: We and our third-party service providers and partners will disclose specific individual information if we or they reasonably believe it is necessary to investigate any suspected misuse of our Site and to prevent fraudulent activity; to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and respond to requests from courts or other governmental bodies; and to protect or defend the rights, property, personal safety, and interests of MBC, our staff, the public, or the interests of our third-party service providers.
5. Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Geolocation Data: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Site from accessing your geolocation information. Note that some services may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Cookies: You can refuse to accept third-party cookies by following your browser or device’s instructions. If you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site.
6. Legal Drinking Age
Our site is intended for consumers who are legal drinking age (21 years in the United States). We do not knowingly or purposefully request or collect personal information from any person under the legal drinking age. If you believe that your minor child accessed and used our Site, please contact us at [email protected].
Although we use measures to protect your personal information in compliance with any applicable law, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases.
8. Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in section 3 above, “How We Use Your Personal Information,” unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
9. Links to Other Websites; Social Media Platforms
Our Site may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties, including links to our third-party partners (e.g., for purposes of making online table reservations or curbside pick-up orders) and social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party websites and platforms, which may be different from our privacy practices. We encourage you to review the terms, policies, and/or settings of these third-party websites and social media platforms so that you understand how they collect, use, and share your information.
10. Contact Us
We welcome your comments and questions. Please contact us:
- By telephone at: 207-221-5711
- By postal mail, or by visiting us, at: 525 U.S. 1, Freeport, Maine 04032
- By email at: [email protected]